To complete the sign-up process and get your new ad in front of potential customers, you’ll need to submit valid billing information. Remember, you won’t be charged until your ad starts showing and gets its first click. You can edit your billing information at any time once you’re signed in to your new account.
How AdWords billing works
Most advertisers pay for AdWords using automatic payments. With automatic payments, you’re charged only after you accrue advertising costs, so you’re not billed in advance. Google automatically charges you either 30 days after your last automatic charge or when you reach a preset amount (known as your billing threshold), whichever comes first. You can also make manual payments at any time to control your costs.
Depending on your currency and the country where your business is registered, you might have other available options to pay for AdWords. Use our payment options finder to see the options available to you.
- Once you’ve reviewed your ad and campaign settings, click the Billing country drop-down menu and select the country or territory where your billing address is located. Your billing country determines the billing options that are available for your location and currency. If you select your billing country and aren’t prompted to enter your billing information, then you’ll need to enter your billing information in AdWords once you’ve finished creating your account. Your ad won’t be able to show until you’ve done this.
- Make sure the correct time zone is selected. If not, click the drop-down menu to change it. Your reports, statistics, and billing are all affected by the time zone you select, so choose carefully.
- If you have a promotional code (also known as coupons or vouchers), enter the code in the “Introductory offer” field and click Apply.
- Your “Account type” defaults to “Business” but you can change to “Individual” if appropriate for tax purposes in your country.
- Enter the billing name and address for this account. This information will appear on your billing documents.
- Provide the name, phone, and email address for this account’s primary contact. We’ll contact this person about any billing issues.
- Enter information for the payment method you want to use for this account, such as a credit or debit card.
- Check the box to agree to AdWords’ terms and conditions.
- Click Finish and create ad.
Congratulations on taking your first step to reach new customers online! It takes about a day to approve your ad. Then it can start showing to potential customers.
It’s exciting to see your ad online, but don’t try searching for it on Google. The Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool in AdWords offers an easy way to preview your ad and identify the keywords that are triggering your ad to show — without skewing your performance statistics. Learn how to find your ad on Google.